10 Things You Need to Know About GolfNow’s New Mobile App
GolfNow introduced an all-new, enhanced mobile app for iPhone and Android earlier this week, and with a new intuitive look, improved search functionality and all-new premium features all in one app, it’s like having your own personal caddie. If you’re new to the app or recently updated the previous version, make sure you get all you can out of booking tee times in this slick new app with these 10 tips.
1. It’s STILL FREE! – Just like in the past, GolfNow offers 24/7 access to millions of tee times at over 5,000 courses around the world, and just like always, you can download the GolfNow mobile app for iPhone and for Android phones at no cost. The new app does offer a premium subscription to even more features, including on-course GPS at more than 30,000 courses, score tracking for you and your foursome and game analysis statistics so you can improve your game. If you choose to upgrade to the premium version, it’s an annual subscription of $29.99 (plus you receive a $20 Hot Deals promo code when you upgrade, so really it’s like $10 a year for the additional features).
2. You Can Still Get HOT DEALS – Can’t get enough of those great Hot Deals tee times? Never fear, they’re still there. Here’s how to find them:
- Click on Tee Times on the homepage screen, then click on the REFINE in the TOP RIGHT corner for iOS and Android users tap on the FILTER sliders button in the TOP RIGHT corner.
- Here, you can default your settings to only return Hot Deals, or to show all tee times.
3. Want to Change Your SEARCH LOCATION? No problem! – The new app defaults to show you tee times near your current location, but this is easy to change:
- iPhone Users – Type a city, state, zip code, course name or landmark in the search bar at the top and results will appear. Green flags denote golf course results. Orange map pins denote location results.
- Android Users – Tap the magnifying glass at the TOP RIGHT. Then you can type a city, state, zip code, course name or landmark in the search bar at the top and results will appear. Green flags denote golf course results. Orange map pins denote location results.
4. Use the REFINE BUTTON to Change Your Tee Time Search Criteria – If you’re an iPhone user, you can also change your preferred price range, distance to the course, number of golfers, time of day, and how many holes you want to play by tapping on the REFINE button in the TOP RIGHT corner. Android users, tap on the “filter” sliders button at the top right to make the changes.
The app will remember your last advanced search criteria settings every time you launch it, so you shouldn’t have to update this frequently.
5. Searching for TOMORROW’S Tee Times is Easier Than You Think – Just tap on the date at the top of the Tee Time search screen and scroll to find the date of your choice. Or, you can click on the left or right arrows on either side of the date at the top and it will show you the next or previous day’s tee times.
6. You Can SORT Tee Time Results – Want to see the closest tee times in your search first? Or maybe the least expensive? While the default is to show you the tee times sorted by time, you can change this by clicking on SORT BY TIME and then selecting the option you prefer. You can also see tee time results on a map by clicking on MAP VIEW.
7. You Can Get DIRECTIONS to the Course – Playing someplace new and not entirely sure how to get there? GolfNow’s new app has a map of the course and directions. All you have to do is tap on the course, select the tee time of your choice, then tap “Course Details.” It will open a map view with information about the course. If you tap the map or address, you’ll see a larger view of the map and directions are located in the TOP RIGHT corner of the expanded map view.
8. You Can See Course RATINGS & REVIEWS by Golf Advisor – If you want to see what other golfers are saying about the course you’re thinking about booking, you can also find this in the Course Details. Just tap the stars or number next to course name to see all reviews of the course from GolfAdvisor.com. It’s like getting advice from 100,000 of your closest golf buddies!
9. See All Your Reservations in One Place – Want to see all your GolfNow tee time reservations, past, present, even cancelled? You can do that by tapping on the hamburger menu on the TOP LEFT of the home screen and clicking on “Reservations.” For Android users, tap on the device’s menu button when on the home screen and click on “Reservations.”
10. Who to Call? – If you need help with the new GolfNow mobile app, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-767-3574 or email email@example.com. If you have app suggestions, we welcome them by email at GolfNowMobile@gmail.com. Enjoy!