Get Social – Join A Golf League
For anyone who’s ever thought about joining a golf league but hesitated for fear of embarrassing yourself, this post is for you.
For anyone who’s looking for a little more structure in their golf life beyond just hitting range balls on weeknights this post is also for you.
Playing golf offers many benefits – exercise, self challenge and increased confidence are a few. But perhaps the best thing about golf is the social aspect.
Think about it. Golf is a game that is played over an expanse of time at a casual pace, most times involves drinking alcohol and includes conversations on everything from swing tips to the story behind the new clubhead cover. What’s not to love about that?
Typically featuring weekly outings, golf leagues can do wonders for those who want to develop a deeper bond with a set of fellow linksters. And for those who want a little more competition, signing up for a league can make every shot a little more meaningful.
5 Reasons To Join A Golf League:
1. In essence, a golf league is an effective way to play more golf, meet new people and add more laughter and/or drama to what would otherwise be just another round.
2. Playing in a league will put you into contact with other local golfers, making it easy to develop potential partners for more excursions on and off the course, and maybe even make new, lifelong friends.
3. League teams makes you actually get out and play an actual round with a structured format, which is better practice for your game than just spending an hour on the range because it adds more meaning to the game.
4. The cost is typically based on how many events you choose to play, so in other words, you pay as you go.
5. League formats vary from course to course. Some leagues are instructional, featuring both lessons and stroke play events. Some leagues are geared toward beginners, women or working professionals and others are more competitive, so you can select the best format for your game.
Check your local courses to see what league teams they offer and to find a league team that best fits your needs.
The Internet is another great resource. For example, GolfNow has a Golf League program that offers league events in 30 U.S. cities.
Golf is a social event. League play just adds a little more personal interaction to the experience, and that’s just another reason why golf is the best game.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.