This Week in Golf
The good, the bad and the hungry. This week’s golf news featured a healthy helping of interesting and head-scratching news. If you didn’t tune in, here’s the top 5 stories you missed.
– The Daily Tee
1. A Different “Lefty” Sidelined by Injury – After being forced to miss events since early March, Jason Day’s left hand was placed in a cast this week to allow the Australian’s thumb injury to heal. Day is hopeful he will be back in playing shape for THE PLAYERS Championship next month.
2. Bubba’s Post-Masters Tip – It truly was a breakfast of champions when 2014 Masters winner Bubba Watson stopped in to Waffle House in the wee hours after taking home his second green jacket. After downing a grilled cheese sandwich, Watson left a $148 tip, according to the Augusta Chronicle.
3. Daly Tees Off From Woman’s Teeth – Another video surfaced this week featuring John Daly’s tee shot from the teeth trick shot, this time off a close female friend. If this video looks familiar, you probably saw it before when Golf Channel’s David Feherty also participated in the same stunt with “Wild Thing.”
4. Are They Serious? Westwood and Poulter Twitter Spat – Monday following the Masters, Ian Poulter and Lee Westwood engaged in a hilarious exchange of zings on Twitter. The hilarious, yet slightly uncomfortable roasting covered everything from hairstyles to on-course outfits, unflattering images and even weight loss.
5. Lexi’s First Pitch Falls Flat – The 19-year-old LPGA star attempted to throw out the first pitch at the Miami Marlins MLB game on Tuesday after winning her first major title at the 2014 Kraft Nabisco Championship last weekend, but the ball bounced short of the plate.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.